Our annual Think Tank will return to Oscar's on the Yarra, Warburton.
Date: Tuesday 24th October - 26th October inclusive (we meet on Monday night, 23rd October, for an informal dinner before getting busy on Tuesday morning).
Venue: Oscars on the Yarra, Warburton, VIC.
For people interested in Customised Employment and a desire to shape the future and can't make the full event, come for a day.
Here's the final agenda.
1. Discovery Examined. We pull apart Discovery and look at outcome measures that can be inserted in a revised Discovery document and new tools for working with clients with mental illness.
2. Group Guided Discovery, its use with different client cohorts and the impact of the Blueprint for Employment.
3. Evidence and Research. Tim Riesen from Utah State will join us to discuss the latest research and the state of evidence. You also have the opportunity to contribute to the next stage of the disability employment outcome measure, along with the development of the mental health employment skills matrix.
4. The Emerging Employment Counsellor Profession. It's role in supporting employment and family.
1. Service Delivery. We pull a part Customised Employment, the skills, knowledge and structure needed to deliver effective Customised Employment services. June Alexander will look at where employment practice falls down, what we need to do to move to professionalism in practice and what needs to be changed. June will also discuss instructional techniques supporting client capacity building, such as systematic instruction. No stone will be left unturned.
2. The NDIS will join us to discuss how they fund employment and pathways to improving employment support and outcomes. Let’s clarify some myths about Customised Employment and the NDIS.
We finish with a half-day recap and planning session for the future of disability employment practice and research.
Once registered, let us know which day you are attending.
What to bring: a comfortable outdoor chair if you wish, an open mind, a hat and a willingness to share and discuss ideas.
Feel free to email Peter if you have any questions. Preference will be given to returning guests.